great article from Havard professor Linda Hill. She suggests the following rules for leadership:
- Give up your “grand plan.”
- Admit that you don’t have all the answers
- Be a storyteller
- Encourage collaboration
- Allow for conflict
- Don’t “lock down” a path until you absolutely must.
- Experiment locally
- Believe in everyone’s genius
read the full text @ 8 New Rules of Innovative Leadership | SUCCESS.
=> such a great inspiration, but requires strong personalities…
Excellent article from Jesse Lyn Stoner (@JesseLynStoner). She sees the following ways of decision-making:
So there is a huge range between individual decision on one side and unanimous consent on the other extreme – clearly indicating that it is not “either-or” but many shades of grey also in between.
read the full article @ Situational Team Decision-Making: Collaboration Does Not Require Consensus – Jesse Lyn Stoner.
great article from Lolly Daskal (@LollyDaskal) on what to focus to become better in our communication. summary of focus points:
- One-size-fits-all communication.
- Lack of attention to tone.
- Avoiding the difficult conversation.
- Holding back what’s on your mind.
- Reacting instead of responding.
- Indulging in gossip.
- Closing your mind.
- Speaking more and listening less.
- Thinking you are being understood
read more @ Inc.com